Monday, March 21, 2011

Pimp your Food - Baked Breadsticks..A revelation!







I pimped a few ready to bake baguettes...very impressive and so much more stylish than the plain "unpimped" baguette.



Simple to do....



Just take the "raw" baguette and cut lengthways 6-8 times to form individual thinner sticks...



I brushed/spread butter over the cut surfaces, then sprinkled some with chopped fresh herbs, some with just salt and pepper, some with finely grated parmesan, some just with the butter.


I suppose you could use an olive/rapeseed oil - Or nothing at all - but I didn't try this.


Place on a baking tray and cook as detailed on the pack, just reduce the time by half (however keep an eye on them in the oven).


Serve as I did in a jug for a casual dining accompaniment.

1 comment:

  1. Oh and there's MY hand outstretched, ready to grab another of these delicious savoury fancies!

    ReplyDelete