Wednesday, March 16, 2011

IFE - the international food and drink event

I was at the International Food Event - IFE - yesterday and was amazed at the number of artisan snacking products! Is there enough room in the marketplace? Do I detect a Jamaican trend coming this way? Functional drinks abounded too.

A few products stood out for me:

Tillmans of Sweden: Organic Cordial and Preserves - Sweden has a longer sunshine enriched growing time, so the fruits are sweeter. The strawberry and the Rhubard cordials were delicious.

Spencerfield Edinburgh Gin: Wonderful rounded flavour, a hint of heather - I had a wee taster neat, which was surprisingly good (undliuted) - unrasping and very full in flavour of juniper, which blended so well with coriander and citrus....I will be buying a bottle to have with tonic, for sure.

The Ice co: Crushed ice for Mojitos - what a fantastic idea, I almost broke a liquidiser trying to crush ice for a party last year.. wish I'd known!

Alara Muesli: Amazingly, from the middle of London, very chewy - probably needs to be soaked - but favoursome and chunky with brazil nus and pineapple chunks...I'm going to also try the sample pack in a cookies recipes.... I'm very fond of cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment