Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gluten free party



I was interested to see this American report. on the growth of gluten free foods in USA.

Research locally has shown that supermarkets are aware and have addressed this to a certain extent. I wanted to ensure that the guest did not feel alienated from the rest of the party, so have embarked on a brief search for gluten free products to serve at a 12 year old's party.

M&S sausages are gluten free, and I saw fabulous  Genius  bread rolls so the savoury is mostly covered - as they will also have potato crisps and plenty of carrot sticks, pepper sticks, cherry tomatoes and cheese on sticks
harder to find or indeed, make, are gluten free cakes etc - but I'll get there.
I have just found a gluten free lemon drizzle cake recipe using mashed potato...maybe I'll give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment