Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Disaster in the kitchen!

Good morning
I have to share with you 2 disasters which occurred in quick succession yesterday...Spoonbread and Pecan Pie....my spoonbread did not rise, was watery, flabby and yuk... The pecan pie was absolutely super... browning nicely and making a mouthwatering aroma throughout the house...but the phone rang and the doorbell well and within a matter of minutes it was BURNT! So only writing today... I will be trying again and again with these 2 dishes.. I don't give up, I'm a completer finisher don'tcha know! Thinking about southern states cooking, what with Jamie visiting and looking to the USA for emerging trends.. I think maybe this type of cooking could be a trend for 2010..which leads me on to the next...project...

The other thing I have been thinking about is trends...at this time of the year it is very common for all types of industries to review the year and trends effecting that particular business. In earlier blogs I linked an article from USA regarding the "worst" trends...which I thought was thought provoking. Of course food, ingredients, equipment and eating generally is my thing; so....I thought I'd have a bit of fun and review 2009 but think about and maybe predict 2010.....now that's a challenge! if any of you wish to share your thoughts on trends in 2009 and predictions for 2010 please feel free.....no copyright or IP.. I may use your thoughts for future blogs etc etc.

I did pimp my soup yesterday, and so will be sharing pimping with you tomorrow.

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment