Thursday, January 24, 2013

How will I record - meals and ideas?



Below is a link via Twitter on the movement in upscale restaurants in USA to prohibit amateur food photography...I'm still amazed we were all allowed to get away with it in the first place..!  I have always, well - since digital cameras were launched, photographed food, products and shops in the course of business and research as this is such a good record. However,  always discreetly - until I was in London a few years ago ( i phone in hand) trying to photograph some restaurant meal covertly... my dining partner, a well seasoned Londoner said..."everyone's doing it.. go ahead!"  and since then I have been openly photographing... above is an example from http://www.caravankingscross.co.uk/
Maybe I should go back to being a slightly more discreet researcher!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment